With the recent discovery of snow clouds on Mars, it seems ever more possible that we will actually be able to carve some snowy turns on the red (and white) planet this Christmas.
That and The Flaming Lips, as we mentioned before, swear to Santa Claus that they will be releasing Christmas on Mars on November 11 this year; after 6 years of hype.
Christmas on Mars soundtrack will feature these fabulously titled songs:
1. Once Beyond Hopelessness
2. The Distance Between Mars And The Earth — Part One
3. The Horrors Of Isolation: The Celestial Dissolve, Triumphant Hallucination, Light Being Absorbed
4. In Excelsior Vaginalistic
5. Your Spaceship Comes From Within
6. Suicide And Extraordinary Mistakes
7. The Distance Between Mars And The Earth — Part Two
8. The Secret Of Immortality: This Strange Feeling, This Impossible World
9. The Gleaming Armament Of Marching Genitalia
10. The Distress Signals Of Celestial Objects
11. Space Bible With Volume Lumps
12. Once Beyond Hopelessness
And remember the trailer was posted here, and just for fun, here’s the original trailer for the film’s original 2002/2003 release date:
Do not musician made films make fun?
Oh, and a fairly recent interview with Wayne Coyne about Christmas on Mars:
Wayne says, “it is not a rock n’ roll film… and I don’t know if it will succeed… making this movie, I didn’t know what the fuck it was going to be about.”
La ¡Cinta! ❤ Wayne Coyne. And if you haven’t voted for the Lips as Oklahoma State Rock Song yet, read a previous entry about the importance of voting, and go vote!
You know Wayne, all this hype about you making a film about yourself saving Mars at Christmas time… well, that surely is success in itself, no?
Listening to Now: Wayne Coyne talking about Christmas on Mars.